MISR invites applications for two (2) Post-doctoral Fellow positions.
The application should be accompanied by a letter of application alongside the following: Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, research experience, and naming three referees, plus their postal addresses.
Closing Date: 13 May 2016
Date of Commencement: January 2017
- A PhD
- A minimum of two (2) refereed publications
- A minimum of two years of proven research
Areas of specialization:
- Political Economy: Agrarian Studies, Economic Theory and History, Industrial, International
- Political Theory
- History, with a specialization in Pre-Colonial African and Indian Ocean History and/or Historiography
- Literary and Cultural Studies: World and African literatures, Performance Studies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Publish at least one article a year;
- Teach one MISR graduate course annually;
- Give at least one research seminar a year;
- Prepare and submit an annual activity report;
- Actively participate in service to the Institute and University;
- Participate in workshops run by the Institute;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Tenure of appointment:
The position is for one (1) year renewable for a further year subject to satisfactory performance following appraisal.