Makerere Institute of Social Research (MISR) invites applications from qualified candidates for the interdisciplinary Ph.D programme in Social Studies for the academic year 2014.
- Completed Application Form
- Statement of Purpose (In a maximum of 1200 words, applicants should describe their academic interests and purpose in pursuing a PhD at MISR.)
- University Transcripts (Scans or photocopies of original accepted with application; originals required upon admission.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample (Maximum 25 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Application fee: Ugandans [50,000/=], Non-Ugandans [US $ 60]. Foreign applicants should pay by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) to: Makerere University fees collection account, Stanbic Bank (U) Ltd, Bank Account No: 0140018690001, Swift Code: SBICUGKX, Sort code: CH232095. Note that this is a non-refundable fee.
The closing date for submitting the completed Application Forms is Wednesday 31st July, 2013.
Instructions for Submission:
All materials except the Letters of Recommendation can be submitted either by email as attachments or by postal mail or courier. Email applications should be sent to: email@example.com (with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org). Postal mail should be sent to: Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University, P.O.Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda (with copies to: Makerere Institute of Social Research [MISR], P.O. Box 16022, Kampala, Uganda). Letters of Recommendation should be submitted directly to the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training (with copies to MISR) either by the recommender or by an academic dossier service, either electronically or in hard copy.
Click on the downloads below to access the Application Form.